1) Trade web and/or print ad space with someone in a related type of business
For example: You sell garden plants and put out a flyer, exchange space in your flyer with the shop in the area that sells gardening stakes and has weekly events and a blog.
2) Donate a free ticket, gift or gift certificate to fundraisers in your area.
It has the potential to create awareness within a larger or different group of people for less than the price of a print ad and the winner/recipient will talk about your prize. This also gets your message out! Be sure to include your message or brochure with your donation.
3) Consider a sandwich board sign, banner or yard sign to advertise your daily or weekly offers/contests. Or your coming event!
4) Utilize websites and social media to share your news.
For example: Invite the local running group to your shoe store to save 10% or an hour long after hours event just to see the latest shoes you have received in store! And ask them to share/repost this event so your word spreads further!
5) Produce a feedback card so your customers can feel they have input. Do not take every criticism personally, you will get positive comments too! Just weigh them all and see of you agree to some changes that may bring more customers/clients or even to keep the ones you have coming back!
6) If you're looking to advertise in a publication or online. You may want to consider more than one. Often online publications offer web ad banners at a discount when you place your print ad.
Take advantage of this design and add it to your Facebook page too.
Making it easier for you: We create the ads and communicate with the sales representative from the publication/provider.
Get to know the kinds of ideas I can offer by reading my intermittent blog posts. I love to share what I have found in my research and my years of developing creative solutions.